Dress Your House for Success
How can you help make a positive impression?
If your home is going to get a second look from buyers, it needs to make a good first impression. The correct staging of your home can go a long way towards achieving a successful sale at the highest price. When you list with me, I will go through the home with you to make sure we are putting out best foot forward to get your sold quickly. In the meantime, here are some tips for you to think about. You may even want to ask a neighbor or friend to walk through the home as thought they were in the market to hear their opinion. In doing this, we will be ahead of most of the sellers (our competition) already on the market.
On the Outside:
Try to look at your house through the buyer’s eyes as though you’ve never seen it before. And try and have the fewest obstacles between prospects and the true appeal of your home: In autumn, rake the leaves, in winter, make sure there is no ice on the sidewalk or steps.
- Enhance drive-up appeal by removing clutter and cleaning stains off the drive way.
- You may want to scrub or repaint your front door.
- Touch up your exterior paint where needed.
- Keep you lawn nicely trimmed and edged.
- Remove dead and dying flowers and consider adding color.
- Trim bushes, add fresh bark or rock flowerbeds for a fresh look.
- Pick up toys, flowerpots, charcoal bags, garbage cans or any items that tend to leave a cluttered look.
- Clean out gutters/roofs, make sure they are free of debris and moss.
- Make necessary repairs to your roof if it leaks.
- Check your fence. Repair and repaint it if necessary.
- Keep windows sparkling clean and replace any windows that may have cracks in them.